This Sunday is a big one at Kidventure!!! Once a year we have Move-Up Sunday and the kids, especially our preschoolers, anticipate this day with great excitement. Everyone likes to move up right? I mean it’s rather boring to stick with status quo when you can move on to bigger mountains to climb and greater heights to reach.
Typically when you ask a kid how old they are they say I am 6 going on 7. In fact one year I asked one of my children to tell someone how old they were and he said I am 5 going on 6…..this was a week after his 5th birthday!! Kids love to advance and we quite frankly rejoice when they do as well.
In Kidventure this past Sunday we handed out a short sheet regarding the details of Move-Up Sunday. I thought I would post below a copy of what was sent home to aid you all in preparing for this all important day in your child’s life=)).
June 28th, 2009 is our “Move Up” Sunday! Next Sunday we will be advancing children to the classroom they will be attending for the 2009-2010 school year. Here’s a little break down of what to expect:
- “Move-Up” Sunday will affect children entering 2’s, 3’s, 4’s, Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grade classrooms.
- Summertime on Kidventure Summit will consist of 2 classrooms rather than the school year grade level breakdown of K/1, 2/3, and 4/5. Instead we will group K-2nd and 3-5th grades together. The K-2nd grade classes will meet in the K/1 classroom and the 3-5th grade classroom will meet in the 4/5 classroom.
- Beginning fall 2009 Kidventure Summit classes will return to their regular school year grade level breakdown of K/1, 2/3, and 4/5.
- Those students entering 6th grade this fall moved up to the Middle School youth group (SURGE) on June 7th, 2009.
On June 28th, please take your child(ren) to the appropriate classroom.
- Kidventure follows Oregon State’s school guidelines for grade level advancement, admitting a child to the appropriate class based on the child’s age on September 1st. Toddlers who are 2 by September 1st, 2009 will advance to the 2’s room, and so on for 3’s and 4’s. Children in grades K-5th will attend the classroom that coincides with their school grade for the upcoming school year.