I meant to mention yesterday in my blog that there is a free Effective Parenting Skills group beginning weekly on Tuesday nights. This group is sponsored by George Fox Behavioral Health Clinic and will meet starting October 13th through December 1st. The group will meet at the Villa Academic Complex’s Room 103 from 5:30 to 7p.
Topics they will be covering are:
- Improving communication between you and your child
- Eliciting cooperation from your child (no more yelling)
- Replacing problem behaviors with helpful ones
- Identifying your parenting style
- Improving your emotional connection with your children
It is free, but there is no childcare provided, all ages are welcome.
Call 503-554-2368 or email GFBHC@georgefox.edu to reserve your spot.